Re: [St] Chain & Sprockets

The reason people prefer the Triumph front sprocket is for the rubber damper
that is molded into/onto it.  This supposedly reduces noise.  I'm at about
the same point as you, and will most likely do the same (try both 18T and
19T sprockets).  I've contemplated asking the local shop if they have any
18T laying around (I guess its a common swap for the Bonnies to go from the
stock 18T to some other size), but I don't spend enough time or money there
to get any freebies...