Re: [St] Chain & Sprockets

Peter Kroeker wrote:
> Time for replacing my chain and sprockets, wondering about latest advice.  I'm considering DID 530ZVM2 chain with either JT or Renthal sprockets (available through motorcycleonlinestore.com).  JT are steel/steel F/R, Renthal are steel/alloy but are more costly.
>
> I have stock 19/43 gearing, but probably going to buy both 18T and 19T sprockets to play around with.  Also, I recall from previous postings that people had preference for staying with Triumph front sprockets.

Heya Peter,

I've done chain and sprox on a couple of model year ST's and a VFR now and looks
like you have it pretty much right to me.  The DID 530ZVM2 is a beefier chain
than OEM and will give you many more miles.  In fact the 530ZVM I put on a '99
at 15k was going fine when traded at 43k with average cleaning, lubing and a few
adjustments.

I've given up using the OEM countershaft sprocket as the JT's are just fine.
The rubber damper is only there to pass some noise test and since I wear
earplugs I can't hear a difference from the saddle.  ;^{D

I'm sure you'll find more details in my previous posts in the archive.  The best
deal I got last time around came from MotorcycleOnlineStore.com.

FWIW, HIH...

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\