Re: [St] Speedo

Well, steve, it appends to me some weeks ago and a fellow
lister helped me w/ this matter. Bil I think.

For me the magnetic cylinder backed off. It's supposed to be
magnetically stuck to the tabbed washer that spin w/ the wheel.

It turned out that the problem re-occurred and disappeared on its own last week.

Then I just include his answer:

Assuming it's like the ST's in design, check the mechanical part down at the
front wheel.  If not cleaned/lubed periodically, the magnetic cylinder freezes
up, backs off or bends back the tabs on the wheel that it engages to so the
signal stops reporting.

Could be water has degraded the grease and froze?  Anyway, I've had two such
instances on a '99 and an '03 so hopefully it's that easy of a fix for you too.

-- ._O_. '03 Sprint ST -Bil