Re: [St] Speedo Issues

Howzit fellow trumpet dudes?

this is my first posting after switching to mozilla firefox. Mindblowing - I
cant believe how much quicker it is!

Anyway, I ride with a bunch of guys who like to push the boundries, not too
hard in a country where you can ride for two hours and hit several mountain
passes and no mr Plod.

A month ago i did a blast through the Koo River pass with a group that
included a new 08 Suzuki GSXR1300 and a K1200s Beemer.

The guy on the Busa had a GPS fitted, and it recorded a top speed of 304
KMS/ h, while the dial was reading over 340.

My Daytona  has shown 265 on the speedo, which is more than they say the
bike will do.

All I can say is that when the Speedo shows anything like that, survival is
the goal - a 10% over-read isnt too relevant.

cheers

Marc
Cape Town RSA
K6 Daytona 955