Re: [St] Chain & Sprockets

I really like the 18T front configuration. For me, my mileage actually went
up. Optimal engine speed for comfortable cruising takes you to a lower total
MPH, which no matter how you cut it will net you better fuel economy. I
still gun it on starts, but the way I ride when cruising has changed because
of the gearing.

But then, I'm mostly a commuter on highways, and don't get a lot of back
road flogging of my ST. I did the measurement for a while.

Before, with 19T configuration, typical MPG: 42-43
Now, with 18T configuration, typical MPG: 45-48.

It goes to show the biggest impact on economy isn't what gearing you ride,
but how you ride it. (At least in my case)

Peter Chittum
01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA

--