From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Ashman
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 12:18 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Fork Stabiliser?

In the dirt bike world, they come recommended. My CRF-230 is one bike
that
'benefit's from the brace if you keep the stock front end.  The skinnier
tubes have some flex and play in them and the brace is supposed to do as
Pete suggested.  I can't speak to street or track riding.

I'm quite sure they only work with traditional forks and not the upside
down
forks.

--Joel

On 8/4/08, Peter Kroeker <peter.kroeker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The concept is that, while the upper forks are braced together in two
> spots, the lower legs are not and may not necessarily slide up and
down in
> parallel with the upper legs.
> The brace fixes the lower legs together so they move in unison.  I've
never
> ridden a bike with and without the brace for comparison but my guess
is that
> the results are not very noticeable unless you're on the track.
>
> Pete

(???)

> Brett.

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.