Re: [St] Lower-profile tires?

Patti,

Be very careful with trying to select a lower-profile tire. I know that I once got a pair of tires for the RS (they were given to me to use for a track day) that had a different profile, I think they were Sportec M1's. It felt like the bike wouldn't turn in to a degree that I actually stopped the bike to check and see if something was wrong. Ultimately these tires proved more stable mid-corner (held a line better) but the increased turn-in effort was shocking and pretty undesirable.

And more importantly I don't think that you'll find tires with a profile that's different enough to matter regarding overall ride height.

Best of luck in your search,

Nate
00SprintRS

Patti Beadles wrote:
The two thoughts have just crossed in my brain.  Are there
any tires that would be good on the ST and at the same time
make it slightly shorter?