Re: [St] Oil level

I check mine (01) on the center stand too, but I thought the manual said to check it while upright but not on either stand. The center stand could throw off the reading since the rear is slightly higher than the front. But as I said, I check it while on the center stand.

--- On Tue, 8/19/08, Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] Oil level
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 3:15 PM

No dipstick here other than the operator.  The sight glass is the only
way I know how to check the oil level and I can't for the life of me
remember if the manual says to have it on the center stand or if that
throws things off??  I think it is supposed to be on the stand since they
came standard on the ST and us poor RS slobs had to pay extra for them.

Nate
00SprintRS

Rob M wrote:
> On the center stand.  My Sprint doesn't even have a dipstick. Not even
gonna touch the Mobil1 topic...