Re: [St] 98,398

Sounds like a little play in the small end bearings. Hence he means rotational slop.

Si

Quoting Frederic NIZERY <frederic.nizery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Steven,

I didn't realized it was miles until Greg pointed it out. So you made
it from far as you reached 158396km which is far above 100000km. One
question though: what you call "extra slop in them rotationally": is it
the fact that the symmetry axis of the piston is not perpendicular to
the engine symmetry axis? if so according to you and your mechanic, is
it due to piston rod being twisted? Fred ST 02 BRG

OK first off I'm unreasonably upset I can't say it honestly made it to 100,000 miles. BUT, it didn't fail catastrophically and we have the technology to rebuild it. So here's the story.

.....The pistons had just a little extra slop in them rotationally so they tore it completely down. This is actually pretty impressive.

-- SimonB