Re: [St] Let's get this straight

I must be really bored today because I just went out to the garage to check my theory, that being that it doesn't matter one iota whether the ST is held upright or if it is on the center stand.

To test this I put the bike on the center stand and noted where the oil level was. (Note to self, add some more oil soon).

Then I grabbed 4 1/4" thick tiles that I had lying in the garage. I was able to just barely shove 4 of them under the rear tire. Took them out and shoved 2 of them under the front tire and rechecked the oil level. It was within about 1/16" of being the same if not exactly the same.

So if you're lazy like myself, you can rest assured that measuring it while the bike is on the centerstand is ok.

If you're the anal type, then go get a 1/2" piece of plywood and shove it under the front tire and you're good to go.

If you're the type who bought an RS and you're too cheap to get the centerstand, then I wholeheartedly recommend using Jack's procedure.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643