From: Douglas Leonard <leonard.douglas@xxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:35:17 PM
Subject: Re: [St] 2006 vs 2008

My 2006 1050 ST is @ the triumph dealer now for a sprag clutch update. (18k
miles)
It appears the starter to transmission gear ratio was revised in 2007
(higher ratio) increasing starting RPM resulting in easier starting.

For 2 years I have taken the bike to the dealer to investigate difficult
starting problems with no solution proposed by the dealer.

Could be a stupid question but if the dealer knew of the 2007 change to the
start circuit why wont they tell the owners?

Could it be that until there is a failure the dealer will not be reimbursed
by Triumph for the fix?
Leaving the rider stranded on a trip is not a concern.  sad