Re: [St] I can't decide...Another Bike To Consider

As someone who considers himself a better dirt rider than a street rider (in
reality I could be crap at both!), I would agree also.

As for the 3 big thumpers out there, I rate them like this:

Dirt worthy:
1. XR650L
2. DR650
3. KLR650

Street:
1. KLR
2. DR
3. XR

Height: ( an issue for this short guy)
1. DR (Shortest)
2. KLR
3. XR
Road Accessories:
1. KLR
2. DR
3. XR

Dirt Accessories:
1. XR
2. DR
3. KLR

Power:
1. XR
2/3 DR KLR tie, though both have good potential with engine tuning

For me, the DR wins primarily because it falls in the middle in most of my
categorie and has the lowest seat height.  I have a dedicated dirt bike, and
a dedicated street.  I primarilly enjoy the dirt, but the XR is *WAY* too
tall for me.

PS The madman in me is getting my CRF230 street legal because it opens up
some off-road riding areas.  I know that sounds strange, but some places
require plates  (like state game lands) and it makes it easy to move from
trail to trail if some pavement is in between.  I've beefed up my CRF with
aftermarket suspension and reworked the engine, so now its a really nice
little dirt bike.  I can touch the ground on it, and still kep up with
XR'400s and CRF250X's and such.  @ 70MPG (US), it'd make a great little city
bike over a scooter, especially in a place that you could lane split.

--Joel