Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...

Pretty sure my replacement was steel.  I used Aluminum on my dirt bikes but
not on my street bikes.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:50 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...

You can still get both steel or aluminum. I just replaced my rear with a
steel JT but not in the 45 (OEM 43). Steel should last as long as the chain,
AFAIK. Aluminum will wear faster and cost you more.

Google gives up a bit of info:
1. It looks like the sprocket for the Suz GSF1200 Bandit is the same rear
and same chain 2.
http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/103058/drive-systems-black-530-steel-rear-sp
rocket---suzuki-trimuph.html