Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...

Havent you been paying attention to this thread? I did this to the Superhawk, and it shortened the wheelbase, making the bike more flickable. Since the RS is longer to begin with, and I will be in a place where flickable is good, I thought I would try the same thing...I have no interest in an Aluminum rear sprocket, my stealer says that is all he can get...

J.G.

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:41 AM

John Ulizzi wrote:

> I am trying to source a 45 tooth rear sprocket for my soon to be 01 RS.

IIRC my ST's OEM sprocket was a Sunstar, which is what I replaced it with
(steel) for longer life.

Sure, "aluminium" reduces unsprung weight but we're talking
street bikes here.

I sourced all my replacement chains and sprox at MotorCycleOnlineStore.com last

time around. JT for the front and Sunstar for the rear.  Mention your HSTA
membership for a discount.

Now why would you go up 2 in the back rather than dropping one or two in the
front?  Seems easier to me w/o risk of needing another link in the chain, etc.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport