From: Steve Boudreaux <steveboudreaux@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...SHORTEN THE WHEELBASE? YOU SMOKIN' CRACK?
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 5:57 PM

Where, oh, where did you get the idea changing SPROCKETS will shorten the
WHEELBASE?

WHEELBASE: length from centerline of front axle to centerline of rear axle.

SPROCKET, REAR: ALWAYS mounted concentric to rear wheel axle centerline.

You could go up or down 40 teeth and the freakin' wheelbase will not
change.

Steve Boudreaux
Havent you been paying attention to this thread? I did this to the Superhawk,
and it shortened the wheelbase, making the bike more flickable. Since the RS is
longer to begin with, and I will be in a place where flickable is good, I
thought I would try the same thing...I have no interest in an Aluminum rear
sprocket, my stealer says that is all he can get...
?
J.G.