Re: [St] Moving 01 Sprint Can Down, To Accomodate Bags

Todd J wrote:
> Interesting discussion. Having factory bags on my 01, it looks like raising the can would require the removal of the pannier brackets. Seems like a bit of a PITA, I dont know that I would call it "easily done". Although, I suppose it is just the two bag bracket bolts removed from the subframe and the two smaller bolts from the rear pegs?
>
>   Also, with a 2BRos can, would it them just bolt directly to the rear pegs?

Todd,
You're right about moving the can up being a PITA.  You have to remove
the bolts from the rear peg hanger and change the bracket, but to remove
the bag bracket you have to pull the entire tail plastic (2 torx bolts,
4 standard bolts for the grab rail) or have really small
fingers/wrenches.  So if you want the factory bags, you may as well
leave it down.  I don't know about fitting on the Two Bros. cans, but I
have seen a C2 (the smallest one) on a Sprint with the factory bags.

Dan