From: Rik Relph <rik.relph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2008 11:23:31 AM
Subject: [St] Cutting out at tickover and other things.

Hello,

This is the first time I have needed to consult the collective, though read
the wisdom every day with baited breath.
OK, my '02 ST has started to miss behave, it all started in the autumn when
closing the throttle would sometimes make the engine cut out. I have been
told the throttle bodies and stepper motors probably need cleaning.
This has become progressively worse until the bike has become very difficult
to keep running.
The symptoms now are as follows. Starts ok, but have to be very careful with
the use of the throttle for the first 5 minutes. After this the engine will
cut-out as soon as I close the throttle. When keeping it running it smells
like it is running on choke, I know it does not have a choke, but we can all
remember what this is like.
Fuel consumption has increased to about 120 miles per tank.
I would guess that one of the temperature sensors has failed?

Any ideas?

Rik.

FXDWG
'02 ST