Re: [St] New spec for 2008 1050 ST

A lot of magazines seem to pan bikes that you can't fit a magnetic
tank bag to. And I've never heard a rider complain about having too
much lighting. Both seem reasonable responses to keeping the customer
happy.

I don't think either of these mods mean they are using cheaper bits.
I'm sure the metal tank is more expensive to manufacture.

As to your first question, this is the first I've heard of any
changes on the 2008.

On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Gavin Lawrie wrote:

> Couple of questions.
>
> * First - does anyone know if this is full extent of changes, or are
> these the gloss on a more substantial update - if so what are other
> changes?
> * Second - do the changes reflect 'flaws' in the 2005 model being
> corrected, or are they 'value engineering' (i.e. keep appearance same
> but substitute cheaper bits)?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/
motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned