Re: [St] New spec for 2008 1050 ST

The biggest stuff up IMHO was the factory luggage. The 99 - 04 series was quite good apart from being not?very waterproof.?The current series is woeful in every aspect, yet they are sticking with it.?

-----Original Message-----
From: triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 8:03 am
Subject: Re: [St] New spec for 2008 1050 ST

I believe with the price of oil going through the roof the metal tank is in
fact cheaper to produce.  Having had un-lined metal tanks on other bikes rust
out I am dismayed at the move back to metal.  Personally I find tank bags a
PIA and I can't see why that would be Triumph's motivation to move back to
metal.  As for post '05 lights, yes there have been many critics and I really
think Triumph stuffed up there.  If you have ever been on a dark back road on
a 1050 you will appreciate how lacking they are, especially high beam.  I've
made the lights acceptable by a mixture of tweaking, different bulbs and HID
conversion for high beam (I think that should be standard).  A complete re-
design of the 1050 headlights would've been better news.  ..and I agree, a
larger motor is not a priority in it's evolutionary development.

--
Mick
06 Sprint ST