Re: [St] New spec for 2008 1050 ST

Yeah, you might think that, but my SV650 (~75 HP?) would pull all day at
highway speeds (no fairing) w/o any stress. I wanted to see Suzuki make that
into a commuter/micro-tourer for years (tall bars, full fairing, hard bags).

At 500lbs wet, the older ST makes 108HP and 72 ft-lbs and that seems plenty
for this group.  At 400lbs wet, and 123HP and 53lbs, the daytona 675 sounds
like a good start for a light weight micro-tourer.  Some engine work to draw
a little more torque out of it, and *poof*, the perfect commuter bike.

FWIW, I concieved the SV Micro-Tourer during my 10 year stint in the DC
area, where I was riding 80 miles a day pretty much year round, and never
really knew what the weather might bring, so it was nice to have the hard
bags to store rain gear, heavier clothes, tire repair kit, etc.

The longest trip I ever did on my ST was the Hawk GT ECHR rally last year w/
Jeremy W.  This year, I might be taking a DR650 and my brother will ride his
Hawk 650.

All Good!

-Joel