Re: [St] 675 Undersized ? Bah!

Having just chopped in my Daytona 675 for a?Scrambler, after a year of awesome riding, I can safely say that a midweight sports tourer with the 675 mill would be a great ride. That motor is certainly not lacking in power, is very smooth?and could be tuned for quite a few applications. Put it in an off road frame and I reckon it would give KTM a run for its money. I would go so far as to say it would compete with the 990.

Brett.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Bardell <bardelld@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 2:02 pm
Subject: Re: [St] 675 Undersized ? Bah!

Karl,

I've put about 19K miles on V Strom 650, touring and commuting in less
than a year and a half, and never really felt underpowered.  At times I
would have liked a bit more grunt, but a downshift always worked.  Just
seems unnatural to spin the engine at that RPM for hours on end, but the
engine didn't seem to mind a bit.

I would think the 675 could be bumped to an 800 and make a fantastic
naked, sport tourer, mini tiger or whatever.  The 675 is positioned to
bring in new riders looking for a sport bike and willing to look past
the UJMs.  Plus the good press helps it as well.  I like the street
triple as well...

Dave Bardell
01 ST
06 Wee Strom