Re: [St] odometer out!

Frederic NIZERY wrote:
> Hello fellow listers.
>
> I need some input here. Back from lunch my odometer needle stayed stuck
> to zero.
> Did anybody experience that and have any clue about the origin of the
> problem?
> I didn't do any investigation yet except to trace down the sensor wire
> from the front hub
> which seems to go to the ecu rather than the cockpit.
>
> Input appreciated.
>
> Fred ST 02 BRG (the color has nothing to do w/ the problem here though)

Fred, by odometer "needle" is that to say the speedo read zero?

On two different ST's I've had that problem, was the magnetic cylinder in the
speedo sensor "frozen".  Take off the front wheel, pop and look at that
cylinder, you may need a dental pick or similar tool to pull it out, try not to
scar it up (better pulled on from the cylinder's outside).  Clean out the old
watery grease, re-lub with some white (lithium?) grease and reassemble.

Check the metal tabs on the wheel that engage the magnet to ensure they haven't
backed off (bent back) to the point they don't engage and bend 'em a little
forward if necessary.

Hope that helps.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\