Re: [St] List Consensus on Maintenance?

brettwilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey Rob,
>
> For your servicing I would replace all the fluids. Fresh oil, brake fluid,
> coolant etc are all cheap insurance to ensure your bike is kept in good
> order. As for the seals, lines and cables etc, I reckon a thorough check will
> tell you if they need to be replaced. Cleaning the brake caliper pistons
> while youre at it would also be a good idea.
>
> As for trading the Sprint on a Tiger, I can see your dilemma. If I was
> shopping for a new bike I would find it hard to choose netween the ST and
> Tiger. Since I have a 05 ST I'm sticking with it. Having said that, I've
> ridden the new Tiger a few times and have to say its?an awesome bike. The ST
> has very nearly been chopped in for it on each occasion.

Rob, I couldn't have said it any better than Brett did...

Change your juices, lube your cables, clean up the brake pistons and check the
seals...your biggest threat is seals drying out from non-use and it'll be easy
to spot the leaking fork seal, etc. after a short ride.  Give the chain a good
cleaning/lubing and check the tires for cracks/dryrot.  I'd bet you don't have
any problems but you never know without looking at things.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\