From: Steve Boudreaux <steveboudreaux@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:30 am
Subject: Re: [St] Not quite a tire thread...

FWIW, an elipse ("..." ) is THREE dots...

  I carry a CO2 inflator on my motorcycle and bicycle.  Here's the mc model:

  http://www.genuineinnovations.com/motorprods.aspx?prodid=1059

  Originally, I carried several 16-gram cannisters, as I worked at REI and got a
great discount- plus Innovations did not make a motorcycle kit at the time.  The
former owner of my Sprint ST included the mc kit, so there you go.  I added two
16-gram cannisters in the mc kit, just in case my plug should have a slow leak,
that way I can top-off the tire if need be.  The Co2 in the cannisters comes
from geo-vents, so no extra Co2 is released into the atmpsphere when you use
one.  I do take exception to Innovations' "Big Air" cannister, which is charged
with propane.  That's just nuts, in many ways.

  The first time I took a long trip on the Bandit 1200 I had previously, I
flatted on I-20 about 40 miles east of Atlanta.  I was about half a mile from
the next exit, so I limped down the shoulder at 5-10 mph.  I was suprised that
the rear tire acted as a run-flat: the ride was not as squirrly as I would have
expected.  The exit had a gas station, the station had a air hose and an auto
plug kit.  Another customer suggested I try the plug withOUT the glue- he swore
by it.  So, what the heck, I tried.  And it held, well.  For another 10,000
miles (I keep a log.)

  -Steve Boudreaux