Re: [St] Not quite a tire thread...

The glue is only for lubrication to ease insertion of the string plug -
or so I'm told.

Ed,
To get 10,000 miles + out of a rear tire, you need to get a smaller
bike.  My 650 V Strom (recently replaced with a Tiger) gave about 10 to
12 K on a rear tire.  My 01 ST - lucky to get 8K.

Dave Bardell
01 Sprint ST
07 Tiger
05 Scorpa Trials