[St] new owner, tire repair vs. replacement on a st?

Found a nail in my ST's rear tire this morning.  I'm really really new
to motorcycles.  Did some googling, and (obviously) tire repair on
bikes is a lot more critical than on cars.
The tread is good, the tire has only 2k miles on it, the hole looks
clean.

1) repair vs. replace?  -- is a repaired tire on a ST using a plug/
patch going to be safe?
2) have it done at the satan? -- normally with a car, I'd go down to
the tire repair place and be done in 20m... what's sane with a bike?
take it to the satan (dealership) for repair & rebalance?

Thanks.  Sigh.  I wonder what day 2 of ownership is going to bring me.