Re: [St] new owner, tire repair vs. replacement on a st?

Yes, the nail had gone in straight, but when we pulled it, we saw that
it had been bent at a 45 degree angle.  When we pulled the tire to put
the patch/plug in place, we saw that the tip of the nail had
apparently been scraping away at the rubber on the inside of the tire,
we could see a bit of the belt showing from the inside.  That was a
clear no-go in both our opinions, safe enough to patch and ferry, but
certainly not a tire that I'd want to rely on for the next couple of
years.

We plugged it, and I ferried the bike home at slow speeds.  When the
tire comes in, I'll lunk it back down and put the new tire on.  Then I
get the fun of breaking in a new tire.