Re: [St] Luggage for RS

Guys, you're forgetting something else important.  Not all of the RS
models have the correct rear subframe for mounting the rails that the
sidebags hang off of.  I believe its only the '04 "special edition" RS
that has that subframe.  The standard RS subframe doesn't have the holes
in it for bolting the rails onto it.  Also, there have been some
questions as to the strength of the subframe (not sure if there's any
difference other than the mounting holes).  That said, I seem to recall
someone (on TriumphRAT.net maybe) who installed panniers on an older RS
(02 maybe?).  You are correct about needing the ST rear peg mounts and
lowering the exhaust (as simple as having an extension bracket and
rotating the pipe as it drops).  The factory kit also moves the turn
signals up and back a little, bolting them to the rails.

Dan