Re: [St] Riding boots

At 05:22 PM 7/10/2008, you wrote:
Wow, we might need to form some bylaws or something for this list that formalizes Sidis as required footwear.

I too have these, they have been very comfortable, required virtually no break in, and are relatively comfortable to walk in. To add, they have provided my feet lots of dry miles...until the last ride where I got caught in that torrent. They were definitely juicy and took a long time to dry. I was surprised by how wet they were. I am even considering a pair of overboots or something for big rain now. I have had them for four or five years and wear them all year/any season. The soles have worn exceptionally well.

I had a similar moment with my B2's, when the suddenly seemed to be water carriers instead of waterproof, that was when I discover the Last (the seam that joins the soles to the upper) was cracked in several places and parts of the soles were starting to delaminate.
A little black goop adhesive and they were once again waterproof.

I do have to do this again as another section is about fail the last, but the earlier repair has held and you cannot tell that the repair.

Now my toe sliders are another story.

JohnS A Dragon Ascending "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"