Re: [St] Air box removal

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 05:39:18PM -0700, Solomon, Jack S wrote:
> that the wires come into and a middle block, then the sensor.  Does it
> brake between the green and the middle sections?

On mine (2001 RS but a late 2000 model not the newer one) there was a
wire clip, 3 sides of a square, slide that off sideways then the end
of the sensor pulls off. Not at all obvious at 1st glance.

> Also, I have a 2000
> RS, it has the 1000 EMC computer...the air pressure sensor that attaches
> to the air box is just a long plastic nipple that goes into the box,
> there is no electrical hookup...am I correct?  Finally, the pressure

Yes

> regulator on the fuel tank, the book says there should be a vacuum hose
> attached to it, I do not remember seeing one when I took the tank off.

There is one on mine but I've red that some bikes dont have them at all.

> I could have missed it, but...is there one I should be looking for?  If
> so, from where?

it went into the airbox but I can't remember where - I'm at work and
the bike is back at the dealer for some warranty work.

--
Ian Newham
mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx