Re: [St] Turbo

On Jul 22, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Derek Wilson wrote:

If I were to install a turbo from the guy out in Rapid City, SD, how would it affect my fuel economy? I could not find the answer in the turbo threads.

Well it's not just the fuel economy going down that's going to cost more.

You also have to factor in that you'll have to purchase premium instead of mid-grade.

Fuel economy is going to depend on where you set the boost, and how often you spin it up into turbo mode.

There might also end up being a red light penalty, those being inflicted by vehicles that shine red lights into your rear view mirror.

Myself, I'm far too practical to think that putting a turbo on an ST would be a good thing.

Matt Knowles
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/ motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned