Re: [St] Sprint Turbo

I did e-mail the guy on ebay selling the '03 Turbo-charged unit, and he said it gets about 40mpg if you stay off the t.hrottle and noticeably less if you do not.  Since the charger kicks in at 2500 RPMs, I would imagine that I would lose about 10mpg of what I average now.  I contacted the guy in SD, and he (of course) told me that my economy would actually improve.  I was hoping that someone else could validate that claim, but nobody has as of yet.  Didn't Triumph have a turbo available at one time?  I could not find it anywhere.  I guess that I would not be thinking about a turbo if I had not rode a K1200S.  An excellent machine, but fuel economy is 10 points less than what I get on my bike.  I have been thinking of suggesting to Triumph (since I have the ear of their engineers and designers) that the next Sprint needs to look back to the well rounded, muscle-bound styling of the 99-04's, resurrect a 1200 triple engine that puts out 150 horses but maintains the 50+mpg highwa
 y economy, grow some larger side cases, go with a shaft drive, and leave black as a color option.  That would be the bike for me.

Derek Wilson
2000 Sprint ST