Re: [St] Fwd: '09 Triumphs announced (long)

I sure would like that 1600cc parallel twin in standard (non cruiser) form

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rupert Galea
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:27 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [St] Fwd: '09 Triumphs announced (long)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Subject: '09 Triumphs announced (long)

Rod just returned from Birmingham, England, site of the Triumph
Dealers 2009 model introduction meeting.

Big news is the announcement of the 1600cc Thunderbird for model year
2010. Powered by a 100+hp water-cooled parallel twin, equipped with a
6 speed close ratio gearbox this bike is going to dominate the
'performance cruiser' market. Those of you who are Hinckley Triumph
owners and who belong to RAT will get a preview in the next issue of
Triumph magazine. Based on what I've seen so far this one is a winner
for Triumph.

Look for the "Street Triple R" featuring matte graphite paintwork with
orange logo and lettering - The Street Triple R features the fully
adjustable suspension from the Daytona 675 and Nissin radial brakes.
Yes, we have one on order. In fact that'll likely be our only Street
Triple for '09 unless someone gets off the pot and places a pre-order
for a standard one.

All new fuel injected Bonneville models are on the way. Triumph no
longer offers carburetted bikes for sale anywhere in the world.
(except for remaining dealer stock).

With the exception of the switch to FI systems, only one Bonneville
model has undergone a major change, the rest are appearance packages.
The big change is the Bonneville SE which replaces the Bonneville.
Lowered by 1.5in with 17in cast wheels front and rear along with the
upswept pipes from the Thruxton and a sweet blue and white tank, the
SE is one handsome motorcycle. I'm personally very tempted by this
bike. I like it _a lot_.

Next is the exclusive 50th Anniversary Bonneville in Meriden Blue and
Tangerine Orange with gold hand painted pinstripes. Only 650 of the
50th Anniversary Commemerative Bonnevilles will be  sold worldwide.
(Yes, we've ordered one, no we don't know if we're getting it or not).
I must say that this paint job is stunning with a gray and black seat.
If you were around for the Jubilee Bonneville you know how fast these
limited edition bikes sell.

There's a Matte Olive Scrambler on the way that brings the Scrambler
up from a 'nice retro bike' to 'Wow! That's a hot urban commando bike'
zone. Stunning in hi-res, Rod tells me that it's even better in
person.

There is a very nice Belstaff Bonneville featuring a gorgeous
copper/bronze paint job with tan cotton duck seat covering. It may
sound kind of 'out there' but seeing high resolution pictures of this
bike makes me want one. Just for the gorgeous paint work!

And I can't leave out the "Long Way Down" Bonneville. Ok, it's not
really the "Long Way Down" model but it does have a graphics and paint
package created by Ewan and Charlie. I like it since it has a nice
retro feel with contemporary colors.

The price leading Bonneville Black returns in '09 with fuel injection
being the only change.

There are a few detail changes for the Daytona 675 but nothing
remarkable.I suspect we'll see major upgrades in 2010.

The Sprint ST and Tiger remain unchanged with the exception of color
choices. No more blue, yes to Orange. Purty.

Rocket III returns unchanged since Triumph did the early release of
the Touring which had originally been scheduled for 09 release.

Speedmaster and America gain fuel injection and color choices change.
Matte Black Speedmaster is scorching hot. I can visualize it with
white and red Von Dutch style pinstripes.

So, there you have it. The 2009 Triumph Dealer Show condensed into a
single email.