Re: [St] Fwd: '09 Triumphs announced (long)

In a message dated 25/07/2008 7:02:28 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time,
myoung@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> A 675 Tiger with REAL off pavement (read dirt / gravel road) ability and
> lots of range would be my next bike if it existed.

+1! Ever since the first time I threw a leg over a 675 I felt that turbine
smooth motor and gear box has a lot of scope and development potential. Creating
a capable off road bike around that mill would really give the likes of KTM
and BMW a run IMHO. I reckon it would also work well as a mid weight tourer.
Having done 700kms and more in a day and toured aboard my Daytona 675, its an
easy conclusion to draw.

Cruisers arent my thing, but I'm interested to see where that 1600cc twin
ends up in the grand scheme of things.

Brett.