[St] VMD beginning ride report (longer to come)

Well VMD 2008 is a memory now and quite a good one. Triumph threw a heckuva
party for us as "marque of the year"  got to see some racing, look at some
gorgeous old bikes, and meet up with some old and new friends. Plus I got to see
 how the Sprint does on a longer trip and see what I need to do to make it
work  better.
First off I'd like to say thanks to Woovis and Pam for being wonderful  hosts
and opening their home to me. Thanks also for the hospitality to my roomie
Tom (raffle guy) McK, Wade G., Tom B.,and the bunches of others I met there.
Rode up to Columbus on Thursday ( superslab) which was my longest day to
date on the Sprint, and learned that being parked in construction/accident zones
for a couple of hours in a mesh riding suit does not allow airflow. Just over
 500 miles that day. Friday went to VMD with Woovis checking out the lay of
the  land and looking at stuff in the swap meet. Got to hear Tom Bartels CB 350
with  the megaphones unhindered. Pure music. Found out that sprained ankles
do not  heal quickly at my age, and that I need new boots. Saturday was off to
the RFK  event at Honda Homecoming with Tom McK. Which I left after eating,
because I was  Jonesing for some riding at more than second gear.  Got back to
mid-ohio  and shopped some, then met up with Woovis and Wade G. for a while,
watched some  racing, and kept thinking how nice of a course it is there.
Saturday night was  the big Triumph bash Where I did not win anything but got to see
Woovis win one  of the 2 grand prize helmets. Great food and the band wasn't
too bad either.  Sunday Tom McK and I rode back to mid-ohio to see some racing
and walk through  the paddock. Racing was delayed, and I got thinking about
the ride home so I met  up with Woovis at AMA museum, toured the new exhibit
"Moto- Stars" and looked at  a bunch of Arlen Ness Bikes as well. The new
location for the museum is great,  and exhibits were well done but it was getting
late. Left Columbus on a much  more pleasant route, still superslabbing it but
West Va was much prettier  scenery from the road, and much better terrain for
the Sprint. Split the ride  back up, by staying in Charleston WVA then came
home monday.

Vacation is where you try to pack much more into a day than 24 hours can
hold and then must spend weeks recovering. But this was a great one, thanks to
all who had a hand in it. I needed the break, and each of you was indispensable
 in making it the great time it was. Now I am recovering from the sensory
overload and back to work refreshed. The HSTA friendships that come over the
years are priceless. Thanks to you all.

TYRANNO
"Iguana" Joe Thomas

The older I get, the faster I  was...
ATGATT (ask someone who knows)

AMA  Lifer
HSTA
RAT
former COG

84 GPz 750 the geriatric ninja (future  track bike)
03 DR200se
98 Concours DRKLIZRD (gone but not forgotten)
07  Sprint ST ABS ( Banshee Spitfire)
07 695 Monster Dark  (Fang)

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.