[St] Engine light, etc

Well I put my 02 RS back together again last night
after about 6 months. I took off the tank and air box
in October to work on my sticky throttle cables, and
just got back to it now. I started it and let it heat
up until the fan came on. Wanted to test drive but it
was pouring outside. The engine light is on, and I am
wondering why. The battery was never disconnected. The
only mystery on reassembly was what seemed to be a
missing vacuum hose from the tank. There are the two
fuel lines, the two down pointing tank drain lines,
and then  a small fitting that comes out of the fuel
pump area sideways. The manual shows a line coming out
of this and going forward, but doesnt show where it
goes. Oddly enough, the two drain hoses I have are
different lengths, and with one on the down pointing
drain and the other on this little sideways thing,
they end up even with each other where they exit near
the bottom of the motor. So I am not sure if I am
correct or not. Is this causing my engine light? Or do
I just need to heat cycle a few times? Any advice
appreciated...

Also, can anyone verify if Showa SS-8 fork oil is in
fact 10 wt oil?

John ( with 2 out of 2 bikes out of service...)