Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

Marc,

Funny that you would mention this. I tried trouble shooting the wiring of my bike this weekend and regardless of how I pulled and prodded the various bits of wiring I couldn't get the problem to reliably manifest itself. It came down to the point where I suspected that the start button itself may be the issue. I've been meaning to pick up some contact cleaner/enhancer and have a go at shooting some into the switch to see if that helps. It's driving me crazy not to be able to ride it lately with all the beautiful weather that we've been having!

I hope to stop on the way home and pick up at least something to try, I'll report the results as soon as I can test it.

Thanks for taking the time to make your suggestion.

Nate
00SprintRS

marc Ve wrote:
hi guys,

my daytona did the same thing.

after many hours of hunting (no testing kit) I eventually worked out that
the starter switch has two contacts that go out, don't know where the second
one goes, but that a squirt of wd40 into the switch cured it.

still have no idea where the second wire goes, it disappears into the
harness.

the first wire goes to the starter relay, and with the plastic off I could
hear it click if I hit the switch, but the starter wouldn't spin.

cheers

marc Cape Town