Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

my first triumph was a Sprint RS.

I sold it to buy the Daytona, which was probably silly.

As a road bike the RS was a nice compromise, where the Daytona is a lot
harder with a more peaky motor.

When the Daytona comes on song its brilliant, sounds fantastic.

I,ve done roll ons against friends on the 1050 ST's, they have an edge at
sane speeds even though they weigh more than my Daytona. It must be the way
the 1050 produces its torque.

At serious speeds the Daytona pulls away, buy only just, with a little more
top end.

I've never ridden an ST1050 around a track, but as a road bike its very
impressive. The handling with stock BT020's or 021's puts a lot of sport
bikes to shame as soon as the twisty's are not super smooth ( ie anything
other than a track)

Of all the bikes I've ridden, incl bikes like the K1200s Beemer and the
CBR1000, I like the 1050 ST most, esp the one with the taller bars.

Next year I'll probably sell the Daytona and get an ST

cheers

Marc
07 KLR 650 aka 'Stofdonkie'.