From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bil Swartz
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:07 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Chain breaker, riveter

Kevin Dicks wrote:
> I have just used one of these
> http://www.mikesxs.net/mikesxs-tools.php?category_id=7.1 (scroll down)
> to change the chain on both my Sprint and XR.
>
> Cut the chain off, fit new sprockets, fit the new chain use this tool
> to peen (?) the rivets.  Job done.
>
> For the money, it can't be beat.  In fact that site sells some very
> good and useful tools very cheaply.

That looks amazingly like the DID tool I paid $99 for.  I've done 4 chains
with
said tool and have had perfect results every time.  But for $16?  What's it
made
out of, aluminium?!?  ;^{D  Looks like quite the bargain!

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\