Re: [St] Want to play guess the estimate? (The answer)

>I am curious, who gets to pay for this get off? Is the
>guy that cut you offand/or his insurance covering you,
>or is this on your shoulders?

I don't yet know the answer to that.

What will happen is that my collision policy will cover
it (and I'll pay the deductible), and then his company and
mine will have a discussion about who is at fault.  If they
decide that he was (and that's what I contend-- he agrees,
but the insurance companies might not) then his insurance
will pay my insurance company and I'll get my deductible
back.  I think that it would have been easier to prove fault
if I'd actually hit the car rather than missing him by a
foot or two.

And thanks for the well-wishes everyone.  As I just said to
one of my poker buddies, my injuries are about what I would
get if I tripped over my shoelaces and fell onto the sidewalk.
Clearly not having an accident would have been better, but
if I had to then I'll accept that level of injury gladly.

-Patti