Re: [St] Want to play guess the estimate? (The answer)

Patti,

If you got a witness that will testify for you about the car maneuver,
you have a good chance.

I had some similar accident three years ago. I didn't touch the car either, but
thank to my witness, I had nothing to pay for and the bike was repaired. The
cockpit bracket was ok though (call that spider around here). If the bike stayed
down on the left side for a long time there is some chance the you got some oil
in the left cylinder. Then it needs a flushing by removing the plugs, otherwise
the piston rode will bend at the first starting and the engine will be HS.

But remember. You're OK.

Fred
>I am curious, who gets to pay for this get off? Is the
>guy that cut you offand/or his insurance covering you,
>or is this on your shoulders?

I don't yet know the answer to that.

What will happen is that my collision policy will cover it (and I'll pay the deductible), and then his company and
mine will have a discussion about who is at fault. If they
decide that he was (and that's what I contend-- he agrees, but the insurance companies might not) then his insurance
will pay my insurance company and I'll get my deductible
back. I think that it would have been easier to prove fault
if I'd actually hit the car rather than missing him by a
foot or two.

And thanks for the well-wishes everyone. As I just said to
one of my poker buddies, my injuries are about what I would
get if I tripped over my shoelaces and fell onto the sidewalk. Clearly not having an accident would have been better, but
if I had to then I'll accept that level of injury gladly.

-Patti