Re: [St] Helmets

On Sat 21 Jun 2008, Robert wrote:
> I've used Shoei's exclusively for the past 12 years, 1 retired after some
> kids threw a rock at me and took a great chunk out of it (god that hurt,

Wow. Just when you think you've heard it all about the
stupid/ignorant/dangerous/homicidal things people do to riders...

> but I still have a head thanks to that helmet), another retired at 8 years.
> Current model is an XR1000

Me too, this is my third Shoei and I've been using them for about ten years
now. Previous lid was an XR800

> They are a little noisy, good ventilation low weight compared to some.

Compared to the XR800 it's noticeably lighter, less aerodynamic drag, much
better ventilation (Pinlock is ok although I also use a neoprene mask to keep
my breath off my glasses/sunglasses) and somewhat quieter. But earplugs are
still a must except in city riding, imho, on any lid.

Arais just don't fit me right, so I will stick with Shoei. There's a good
reason imho most racers and professional riders wear one or the other.

Patti - glad you are ok and hope the insurance works out for you. I would hope
that the 'conversation between my insurer and his insurer' that you referred
to will be a very short one! When I totalled my Trophy the cager's insurer
made me a settlement offer right away, they knew they were totally at fault,
so I hope it works out the same for you.
PS - at the time getting well was all I was worried about - I should have
bought the 'wreck' for 300 euro as it was easily fixable. I still miss that
bike, would've made a great backup bike :(

Rupert - your efforts are very much appreciated :) do let us know when that
web hosting bill arrives!

Eoin

Dublin, Ireland
'04 ST955i