Re: [St] Heated Grips Issue

Damien,

If they put the grip for the left side directly on
the metal bar, and the one for the right on the
plastic sleeve for the twist grip, then there will be
a difference.

The solution is to afix a plastic sleeve on the left
and secure it so there's no twist. Then put the
heated grip on the sleeve. You will then have the
heated grips applied the same on both sides allowing
for equal heating.

Ed Mallett
Tillamook, OR
03 ST

I recently bought a set of 'genuine Triumph' heated
grips for my 2001 RS. I
had them fitted by an authorised dealer etc. The
issue is that the left grip
is 'considerably' cooler than the right grip. What's
more, I think that the
left one is turning on an off at intervals of about
10 minutes. It heats up,
cools down, heats up, cools down etc whilst the right
grip is constant and
consistent.

The guy who installed it seems to think that this
temperature imbalance is
"normal"... but it doesn't seem right to me.

Before I go and escalate the issue, can I ask, has
anyone had a similar
issue? Know of a fix? Is it a fault with my
particular unit or is this a
design 'feature'.

Thanks very much in advance,

Damien