Re: [St] Ear plugs, noise reduction and music

On 27 Jun 2008, at 09:28, iPat wrote:

incredible.
where or how did you get them 'fitted'?

You need to get a cast made of your ear. Quite straightforward - someone pours some quick-setting foam into your ear and then pulls it out. Takes a few minutes. I went to a local hearing aid clinic and they did it on the spot. I think HSL in the UK will do the casts too if you turn up at their offices.

Once you have the ear-casts, you send them to HSL who make up the headphones and send them back. Originally I was going to do the mail- order thing, but it turned out the clinic knew all about HSL and was an agent for them, so I got the whole thing through the local clinic. I'm not sure what happens in other markets - but I'd imagine either there are local distributors elsewhere, or you could do mail-order from HSL.

I've had them about four years now. A couple of years ago one of the leads came loose inside one of the earplugs. HSL fixed them up under warranty (two years) with no fuss at all.

HTH

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183. Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/