Re: [St] Ear plugs, noise reduction and music

One answer: etymotic

Fred

All this chatter about bluetooth, Tomtoms, Garmins, iphones, etc makes me wonder more about ear plugs and their ability to reduce the road noise and still produce quality >sound. ?
So, tell me folks, do you find that the ear plugs work for both noise reduction and work well enough to produce decent sound quality? ?
I ride with just ear plugs to reduce road noise, helmet roar, etc. I have considered using my mp3 player while riding but wonder if I am defeating the purpose of the ear >plugs (protect my ears from sustained loud noise) by playing my music loud enough to be heard?over the background noise. ?
Is there a perfect match? Noise cancelling AND sound quality w/o sacrificing your hearing?
?
Personally I really like the sound of the 955 at 8K rpm and dont want to miss it. I also like that when riding I am away from all those things that distract me all day. >And finally, I like it when I take my plugs out after a long day my ears arent ringing and I can hear my kid. ?
Todd