From: Paul Traina <pst@xxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 1:41 am
Subject: Re: [St] bags connection bags?

Just got back from a week in Baja using the Motopack GT-Roll and small tank bag.  The GT roll is great -- cheap and holds a ton of stuff.Â

Just wanted to say thanks Karl, both were quite good.  Biggest drawback is that I'm used to mounting the bike by swinging my leg over the back, and having any kind of luggage on the passenger seat makes that damn near impossible, so, after six months, I had to learn how to get on my bike a totally new way.  Was kind of amusing to the rest of the folks I was riding with (me hopping over the seat with one foot stuck behind my ass)...Â

I *really* wish Triumph had done a better (larger and cleaner mounting) top box.  I think I'll be doing a bit more sport touring and one of my traveling companions had the 52 liter givi box and no panniers at all on his Honda 919.  Was really handy.Â

I may invest in the SW-Motech bracket and a Givi, but it just doesn't "look" all that good.Â

On Apr 6, 2008, at 8:24 AM, Karl Clark wrote:Â