Re: [St] Motogp Laguna Seca

> Message: 2> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:24:12 -0700> From: "Darren" <rs955@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [St] Motogp Laguna Seca> To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Message-ID: <000001c879c1$c529f750$4f7de5f0$@net>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"> > I am planning on going to the Motogp races at Laguna this summer for> Saturday and Sunday.(Sort of a last minute decision plans for the summer> changed)> > I was wondering if anybody could suggest some accommodations in the area. I> am not looking for really fancy, just clean and a fair price.> > Also should I buy grandstand seats ? If not what areas do you suggest for> viewing the races.> > Finally, I have heard that traffic can be a nightmare around the track. Any> suggestions? (I will be in a car not my bike unfortunately) I saw that there> were buses going to the track is this a good idea?> > > > Thanks for any advise> > > > Darren> > O1RS > > Edmonton, Canada Snow is melting (<:
Darren,

You're going to have to get on it to get a place to stay anywhere close. Whatever you do, DO NOT book with Good Nite Inns.  Bad experience with them that took VISA to get it sorted.  I would say if you find something, take it.  Most people reserve their rooms for the next year while down there.  I've been lucky enough to be able to bunk in with friends, last year at the Motel 6 in Seaside. Thought it would be dodgy, but it was fine.

Traffic was not a problem at least from a motorcyclist perspective. All bikes enter/exit from one road so you're not fighting with cages.  The year before last we camped at Torry Park and were picked up in motorcoaches at the camp ground and dropped off right at turn 5.  Since you're in a car, it's probably best to just take a bus from wherever you end up staying.

I think turn 4 grandstand is better than start/finish grandstand, but that's just my opinion.  There is plenty of real estate to set up camp around the track.  Luckily was able to get Flagroom this year! Nice to have a reserved space with food and drink.

Good luck.
Eric Gustafson