[St] ST replacement

Greetings all, the following is from the "new bonneville forum" two weeks ago. My only comment is why replace something as good as the ST with a much larger (cc's & weight) bike.

"A more concrete rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently
definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we speak. It
will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will eventually replace
the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against other large-capacity
tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. This will be one
of a 22 bike portfolio that the company is rumored to be looking at having
in place by 2010."

Don Kames
03 ST in ILL