Re: [St] The Future of Motorcycling

Why,   most of the sport bikes sold here in the USA get less than 30 mpg
-- a figure easily reached by a few smaller cages....  My VW diesel
(2001 model w/ 125,000 K on it) gets 50 mpg, better than my new 07 Tiger
and as good as my 2001 Sprint...

Bikes should be giving 60 mpg or more to get the attention they deserve
in this sector....

The engine technology is there, but the motorcycling press continues to
demand more and more performance,  so the fuel mileage suffers.

I'm looking toward a 250 Ninja as a commuter since it is supposed to get
close 70 mpg, but keep wishing someone would bring out a diesel twin
with mose weather protection that would return 100 mpg or better..  That
would put motorcycling in the spotlight it deserves.    Will probably
have to wait for the Chinese to do something like that as the other
countries seem stuck in their "normal" marketing mode.

Rant over!!

Dave Bardell