From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:48 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Custom Seat Question

Jeremy--I too have the World Sport on my 01. I agree with all that has been said about height, but would clarify, that the extra width does make it feel slightly higher than the stock seat. The width is added at the back AND front of the seat. When I first put the Sargent seat on my 01, I thought it looked kind of gomey since it appears so much wider.

  Of note, when I am just, "riding around" I have found that I have have a little extra room to scoot back on the seat. One of my mates that rides a Sprint also noticed this and sent it back to have them add 1.5in of foam to the back of the seat so he would always be in the back of the seat. I have come to appreciate the extra seat room when I am flogging the bike and I get into a more tucked position.

  BTW, I am 6ft with a 32in inseam and I love my Sargent.

BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Hey Jeremy,

If you have a 99-04 series ST, Sargeant have an off the shelf seat that I can
recommend. IIRC its called "world sport". I had one on my 99ST and managed
50,000kms, I was very happy with it.

They are the same height, perhaps a tad lower, but they are wider and shaped
in two directions. So if anything, your legs will be slightly further apart.
I'm about 6' so it wasnt a problem for me, but if you can it would be worth a
try before you buy.

Brett.

Checked by AVG.